Tuesday, December 03, 2013

Revelation for Children



I recently received an email from a parent which made me think again about Children and the book of Revelation. I get asked similar questions quite regularly and thought it might be of benefit to share the short discussion here:



Hi Pr Edgren,

I have an 8 year old son who has read each of your scroll books and really wishes you could write another! My son is always reading revelation in his spare time and wants bible studies, not necessarily for baptism but to study God's Word. He often finds that because he is younger it isn't considered that he is old enough for bible studies. So I guess why I'm emailing you is to see if you have any suggestions on any materials or more books about revelation that he can read or that I can read with him. 

Thank you for the using the gifts God gave you in such an awesome and inspiring way especially for kids.

*name supplied


Hi,

How exciting! Thanks for telling me about your son enjoying my books! I love to hear such things. :)

A few years ago, I was talking with Jon Pauline about a good strategy for writing a series of books about Revelation for children. Jon is a one of the best Revelation scholars I know and a wonderful Adventist Christian. 

I had said, “Jon, I want to make a version of Revelation for Children.” 

Jon said something that has stuck with me for years. “Dave,” he said, “tell them to read the book of John. John is Revelation for young Christians. John comes first! Then Revelation.”

He didn’t say kids couldn’t understand Revelation. And I know they can because the Serpent Scroll is loved by children and has a big section from Revelation. But, his point is well made. John is filled with stories about Jesus and leads beautifully into a study of Revelation. 

What about reading the book of John together, first?

Sincerely,

Dave



~ ~ ~ restorying faith & values ~ ~ ~

                  Dave Edgren
     Story: teller, author & trainer

My website filled with stories, videos and more: http://prdaveonline.blogspot.com.au

Jon Pauline’s website: http://www.thebattleofarmageddon.com             

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dave Edgren ~ Story: Teller, Author, Trainer ~

BOOK DAVE NOW! Dave Edgren is passionate about creating a values-based storytelling culture. In his engaging and often hilarious way,...