Tuesday, January 01, 2013

Thank You

Tomorrow morning I undergo brain surgery. 

I want to take this opportunity to thank you all for your many thoughts, prayers and kind words. It has been overwhelmingly amazing and truly humbling to realise how many people have my best at heart. 

I have received messages from dozens of people from around the globe - family, friends past and present and many friends of the future. God is good. And you are all amazing.

There is a family that are great friends to us who live nearby. They have a family much like ours - they put family first. We love spending time with them! They are people of a very wide faith which generates the most amazing and invigorating discussions. One day, when my wife was visiting their home, her friend (the mum) said, "I've been talking to my Elm tree today. I was meditating on Dave and his brain tumour. As I focused on Dave, I was overwhelmed by all the positive energy flowing toward him. It's coming from everywhere! I've never felt anything like it!"

I don't know what your beliefs are, but if you have a moment to spare, I'd love you to keep the positive energy flowing my way. Be it a prayer, a thought, a cheer or a cry. I'll take it!

Blessings!

Dave

Come to me with your ears wide open.
Listen, and you will find life.

Seek the Lord while you can find him.
Call on him now while he is near.

“My thoughts are nothing like your thoughts,” says the Lord.
“And my ways are far beyond anything you could imagine.
For just as the heavens are higher than the earth,
so my ways are higher than your ways
and my thoughts higher than your thoughts.

It is the same with my word.
I send it out, and it always produces fruit.
It will accomplish all I want it to,
and it will prosper everywhere I send it.
You will live in joy and peace.
The mountains and hills will burst into song,
and the trees of the field will clap their hands!

Taken from Isaiah 55 (NLT)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dave Edgren ~ Story: Teller, Author, Trainer ~

BOOK DAVE NOW! Dave Edgren is passionate about creating a values-based storytelling culture. In his engaging and often hilarious way,...