Monday, August 08, 2011

Road Trip Diary - Day 5 (3 schools in 1 day!)

This morning when I punched the address for Sydney Adventist College into the GPS I was told it would take 21 minutes. After 58 minutes of leisurely Sydney traffic I arrived! I am soooo glad I don’t live in Sydney.

I visited three schools today. The first school was the Strathfield campus of Sydney Adventist College where I took staff worship and then lead out in a 90 minute Story-structure and storytelling workshop.

Next I headed over to the Auburn campus of Sydney Adventist College and told Bible stories to the cutest little kids in Sydney! What a great bunch of tiny people! We talked about what it means to live in the Kingdom of God by living a life committed to the Golden Rule.

Third, I headed to the Hurstville Adventist Primary School where I did the Kingdom of God talk for the entire school. Boy are their pre-school kids (front row for story time!) well mannered and very cute! After story time I headed up to the grade 5/6 class where we had a Story workshop.

I then hopped in the car and drove to Cooranbong and pulled up in front of the wonderful Franklin residence! Tonight I am catching up with old friends – Chris and Leeanne Franklin. Chris’ year 4 class in 2008 is the reason I finished writing the my first kids book – the Serpent Scroll. Without Chris, I would most likely not be a writer today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dave Edgren ~ Story: Teller, Author, Trainer ~

BOOK DAVE NOW! Dave Edgren is passionate about creating a values-based storytelling culture. In his engaging and often hilarious way,...