Reviewing and renewing Biblical faith through story and study

Sunday, April 30, 2006

Swearing your your way to the truth

Two guys were walking behind me from the carpark into Coles today. They had a strong attraction to the less attractive words in our english tongue... Well, at least I find them ugly. Often called four letter words these adjectives pepper the conversations of many people.

As we walked into Coles they continued. I thought they might change the channel when we entered the building. But no. Or at least turn the volume down a few notches. If only I had my remote. I would have pointed it at them and pressed mute...

Anyway, as I listened to these two gentlemen profane their way through the fruits and veges a thought crossed my mind.

The words we voice reveal two things about us. Today's comrades and tomorrow's character.